Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 10:22 AM   #26
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Heirophant, I'm aware of all that. But none recorded in 4000 years?? It's speculation on fossils that such a concept even exists, not factual experienced and quantifiable evidence. Apparently to some, the foundation of 'science'.
well, faith is the foundation of fact, which is the foundation of science. I never said it's undisputed truth. Just suggesting that it does make sense is all.

Quote:

Regarding your gene idea of the olive skinned man/short fat guy, this is not something I'm disputing. These are changes WITHIN A SPECIES, not creations of a new species. The genetic abberances and mutations don't reproduce.

Look at the mule.

Indeed, behold! It is a beautiful mule! But yes, what you are inferring is right, and so that particular genetic design is doomed to extinction. In 5 million years I predict that there shall be no mules! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

(Slightly offtopic) While where at it let's look at the code. The program. The blueprint and design for how we end up.

A code usually has a tranmitter and receiver. A design or plan usually has a designer or architect behind it. A programmer creates a program yes?

Enter God. Architect, artist, designer, programmer, implimenter, enabler, sustainer.
Now, where this is where things get hazy. Life itself may not have always been cellular. Organization into cells could very well have been in itself the result of billions of years of organic amino acids bonding in such a way as to create a protective membrane (billions of years ago in the primordial soup/sandwhich, which was basically just one great big, gigantic ocean-sized womb). We're talking primitive stuff here. Not even enough amino acid bonds to create a single protein molecule. Indeed the first 'life' on Earth was probably just a few amino acids somehow bonded together by physical forces (maybe by the God). Incredibly fragile, but reasonable comfortable within the safety of the primordial womb (no life yet: no predators yet). The design may have been birthed from pure luck and chaos, or it may have been directed by a creative will. Who knows?

Ultimately, you and I are here now, debating this via electronic signals. What are the odds of this coming to pass? What are the ODDS?

Big

[ 02-24-2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]