Thread: On Nazism
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2001, 05:51 AM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Hey Lil...just avoid sending them to any college then. Unless you have personally screened a majority of the courses. Unfortunately, most institutes of higher learning in the US have been so infested(and yes, I do mean INFESTED) by those that think they are the intellectual 'elite'(most of whom seem to be holdover hippies) that they dont even bother with trying to give an 'education' anymore. And public schools are worse!! For the sake of your yet to be born kids...Send them to a private school!

GRRRRRRRRR! Ok, I take umbrage at this one! That's a gross generalization, which I can personally debunk as I've attended 2 colleges, work in one, communicate with other schools and talk to our grads who've attended other universities for undergrad work. I have some idea what universities are like.

I got an incredibly good undergraduate education and I'd say the vast majority of the faculty at the STATE university I attended were qualified, conscientious and imparted their information in a way that made me want to learn! And one or two 'hippies' in the mix were an education all on their own. Learning can encompass many things, what you like and don't like for classes or instruction methods can be useful too! And one can often choose classes/ instructors with input from other students so as to avoid teaching styles you dislike or get the ones you prefer.

Quote:
And Dio! Shame on you. This whole 'Thread' is nothing more than a massive flamebait. Comparing contemporary Americans to Nazi's is designed to do nothing more than incite those same Americans to anger. I, and others, expect much better from you than petty incitement.
Gotta say, Dio, I think he's got a point. I saw this as a bit of a stirring the bees nest, myself!

Cloudy
Angeleyes

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-08-2001).]