Old 11-06-2004, 09:18 AM   #22
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Okay... Animal care to explain..?
If you're running XP or any variation on a sub-par machine, it's your own fault.
If you're using old hardware, it's your own fault.
If you don't set up your computer properly, by installing the correct drivers in the correct order, it's your own fault.
If you don't know what you're doing, it's your own fault.

I've set up SP2 on various different machines with different hardware configurations and have had absolutely no problems, however, all the machines have hardware built in the last 2-3 years.

SP2 has not increased boot times and I've had absolutely no compatibility problems with any software.

If you're running anything less than a 1GHZ CPU with 512MB DDR and a 7200rpm HD then you either go play with the kids using 9x, or step up to the plate and buy some hardware.

EDIT: After installing any Service Pack, immediately re-install your motherboard drivers followed by your video card drivers. DO NOT install your video card drivers before your motherboard drivers. Install XP first, followed by SP2 and any updates, then your motherboard drivers followed lastly by your video card drivers. Install whatever you want after that.
[/QUOTE]Okay now my only concern are the mobo drivers. Bascially, I will uninstall my video card drivers and that's it? I am pretty concerned with my Antivirus, all that slowing down rumors, and my other games... Sorry if I am slow to pick up I just don't want to rant about it... [img]smile.gif[/img]