View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 11:48 AM   #172
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ironworks is a business? Not in my definition, it isn't. Sorry, Cerek, I disagree, but I guess that's part of the beauty of IW, we can agree to disagree. And we didn't even throw vegetables at each other!

BTW, we had a similar discussion about 'special titles' a long time ago and the consensus was that it would be 'elitist' and cause envy and discomfort.

But I think now is the time to figure out what we can do to raise the needed funds in a way that WON'T be divisive.. and if you saw the replies here then you know such a scheme would be controversial to say the least! I mean look at how strongly both sides reacted! [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Nobody 'threatened' to leave, Cerek. As best I am aware, they voiced their HONEST feelings about something that obviously bothered them a great deal. Frankly even if I did donate in such a fashion as to merit a 'special' avatar, I think I'd decline. You know, I'd think you would understand the notion of giving for the sake of giving and not for the attention.... All I know is that when I give to a cause it is for the cause and not to be noticed or get 'recognition', maybe it's my religious background, or maybe it's just a whole different way of looking at the world, who knows? Again, I will just agree that we disagree and try to find something fun to post to for a while!
Cloudy [img]smile.gif[/img] IW is as much a home and family as it is a business but as it stands Z (and his ISP owner friend) is footing the bills for
this family, Yes many of us contribute but not in the kind of continuous necessary way that will be needed if he starts to have to pay $200 to $500 a month for bandwidth.

As for threats of leaving..I saw several and one was from a moderator.

I do have a question though...Are RANKS and AVATARS linked?? Can there be Ranks that are independant of Avatars?