View Single Post
Old 11-16-2000, 09:46 PM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

From what I can tell of the game, the way it was supposed to work is this:

1) Talk to Scanthril (say 'Job') and get the job to kill Raskalion
2) Kill Raskalion
3) Talk to Scanthril (answer 'Yes'). Talk some more (say 'Pay' or 'Payment') and get told to find Grundel for reward
4) Find Grundel (dead body on island in lake I believe)
5) Talk to Scantril again (say 'Grundel'?) - get dagger
6) Enter Pawn Shoppe with dagger and be offered membership in Assassin's Guild (use trick to have more than one char become Assassin*)

I ended up exploring all around the open areas west of Ishad N'ha and found Grundel's body before I ever killed Raskalion, so I got the dagger on the first return trip. I guess his objective is to make you end up in the Boogre Caves and get killed yourself, thus sparing him the pain of paying you.

*Trick - Have char you want to become Assassin enter Pawn Shoppe with dagger in inventory (doesn't have to be equipped). When the guy starts offering you membership, go to the char's inventory and give the dagger to another char. This prevents it from being taken away from you. You can then finish talking and join the Assassin's Guild, then switch to the next char and repeat the process.**

**Glitch in Trick - Whoever has the Assassin's Dagger in their possession when entering the Pawn Shoppe will be offered membership regardless of whether they are already a member. This means two major things: 1) This is the only Guild you can go back to (but not really..read on) and 2) If you are/were an Assassin before, you will begin the Guild at level 1 (it even lists twice in your journal).

PS...I just got home from night-classes