View Single Post
Old 10-06-2001, 10:58 PM   #87
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
i have a unique problem for all of you...

who would you choose or how will you decide?

problem A.

a certain guy named "A" asked helped from "B" about a certain subject matter or something. "B" said that he was busy and could not help "A". Because of that, "A" got mad at "B" and telling him that he/she is a selfish person since he/she would not like to help "A". "B" responded in kind that "A" is the one selfish and not considerate of other peoples feelings or schedule... now i ask you "Who is selfish among them?"

Problem B

a beggar approaches you and ask for money? will you give the money, knowing that you are just encouraging him/her to beg again to other people or will you not give money that may force the beggar to commit a crime in order to survive? (i know that there is alternative ways like giving the beggar food or bringing him or her to a shelter station for help, but if you only had those two choices, which would you choose among them??)

i am giving these questions knowing that i will encounter similar events like these i wish to be somewhat prepared for this kinds of problems. share your wisdom or comments on these matter folks... thanks

A)Stay out of it let "A" & "B" settle it themselves

B)I always ask why they need the money. If it is for food I buy them food, if it for clothes I buy them clothes, I don't give them money, but will try to get them what items they need.

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!