View Single Post
Old 12-08-2001, 07:03 PM   #4
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Memnoch was bored the board was quiet, what shall i do he thought, i know i'll stick a pin into Donut and see what reaction i get,alas Donut was busy, but Lanesra was at the start of a long nightshift and had time on his hands so....

When Arsene Wenger signs these players he uses a line that go's something like "And we'll pay you £30,000-40,000 A week "for that line all he asks for is loyalty to the club not for the player to be missing at the most gruelling and injury stricken time of the season when a big squad is vital. Its not fair on the club or the fans like myself to have the best players constantly disappearing for meaningless money spinning friendlies on the other side of the world, or for tournaments such as the African nations cup. I would imagine most of the best african players are now plying their trade in Europe where most football comes to a halt between may and august why not play these tournaments then?

Let me put this to you, how would your employers feel if you went to work on monday an told them you were going to work for the company next door for six weeks,but you would be expecting them to pay you while you were gone? white coats would be in order. Watching football probabally costss me somewhere in the region of £16,000 a year for this money i expect to see my teams best players wearing the club shirt not in some far off foreign field which is not forever England

Anyway thats what i think donut would be thinking if he wasn't so busy right now [img]smile.gif[/img] Also memnoch are you English? [img]smile.gif[/img]