Thread: HI
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Calsiumus. May you find enough adventure and excitement in the Gael Serran to last you three lifetimes.

At a high level, W&W is a mostly non-linear CRPG. It is somewhat linear because you do need to do specific things to go from one of the three game sections to the next, but even there, you can get creative.

What I like best is that there is no wrong way to play the game. You really can't screw the game up so badly that you can't complete, no matter what you do. That's why I'm completing a game as a solo warrior -- it seemed the hardest way to start the game off, and it was very challenging, to say the least.

It is similar to BG in some ways, and different in others. Not all who like BG like W&W. NPCs don't play the same role here that they do in BG, but quests are still very important (as they are in any good CRPG).

Fortunately, you can pick this game up quite inexpensively these days, although you may need to hunt it up a bit.

All in all, the game is quite fun -- not too challenging, but not too easy either. I've gone through it around half a dozen times, and this forum (which helped me through my first game) is one of the best things about the game. We have yet to be stumped when it comes to getting the game to run, and the atmosphere here, as it is elsewhere in Ironworks, is fun and inviting. There is no newbie-baiting here -- it's just not allowed.

So give the game a try and see what happens. You might just even like it [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote