View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You ruined a G15 keyboard and deserve to die, HT. Die a horrible and painful death.

I never had a keyboard die on me, but it wasn't for lack of trying. My very first keyboard was a Keytronic something something. It was a beast. I later found out it was actually a failed project aimed for the US Army field operations or something. Anyway, that thing had an internal metal skeleton, isolated electronics, able to work while wet, every one of it's keys was armored or something. See, whenever I got upset, I took my fist and banged it over the keyboard. No effect. Whenever I got really really upset, I took this solid metal ball(a trophy I found a few years ago), weighing more than a pound, and slammed it over the keyboard a few times until I cooled off. I did this atleast 4-5 times. I spilled drinks ver it atleast half a dozen times, ranging from red bull through tea all the way to hot chocolate. I once dropped(more like slammed) it on the floor accidentally while carrying the PC with the cord still attached. The keyboard took this abouse for 7 years before being replaced with what I have now. Total damage at the end of it's life: nonresponsive sunken left side of the Space key)right side worked fine, slightly odd-angled C, V, B and G keys which still worked fine, and a left Alt key upside down(that was a purposefull reminder). And it worked fine. I'd still have the keyboard as a wired backup if it weren't for one of my mom's clean-up operations. "Where's the keyboard?" "Oh that old thing? I threw it away."
Chapter 2
I now own a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard. I was never violent with this keyboard. But I did spill my drink over it atleast three times, one of those was actually laughing-induced spewing because of this very forum. Luckily, the keyboard has a drain underneath, and it's still working perfectly.