View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 03:09 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Don't know if I mentioned this on MSN (was at work) But when it comes to reliability, I have found Dell have one of the best records (I know some people will argue this, but im talking about laptop's not desktop's, thats another argument )
As I mentioned, I have helped heaps of people at work buy laptop's (since I have been working there, about 26) and even conviced my new superintendant (used to work at IBM and was a huge thinkpad fan) to get a Dell, and I have had 0% problems with any of them, I am in charge of all the laptop's at work and have only ever had 2 problems with any of them, one had a dead hard drive.... Because someone dropped it out of a Ute [img]tongue.gif[/img] The other had some faulty RAM.

Granted, they were Laditude's and not Inspirons, b ut the differences are not huge.

Now for the service.......
Some people have had bad experiances, in fact many have, but I deal with them on a daily/weekly bases for repaires and what not, and have never had an issue adn have quite often given positive feedback to their team, but then again, I have never been unfortunant enough to get put onto someone in Bombay.

Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

(No I don't work for Dell [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote