View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 01:32 AM   #2
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Well, when I play a Cleric/Mage, I like being a Priest of Helm because of the free True Sight abilities. I find them the most usefull free ability given all the invisible creatures you have to face. I usually take that char high enough to get a sixth level spell, or a seventh level spell. (level 12 and 14 I think), later when you dual to a mage and get spells like Contigency, Chain-Contingency, Spell Sequencer & Trigger you can really do quite a bit more by having spells like Heal, Restoration and Remove Paralysis for examples cast upon you when you are wounded or helpless. Basically if you choose the dual Cleric/Mage path I suggest not to dual until you at least get a 6th level spell.

I'm not fond of sorcerers but many people like that class. I like having plenty of spells in my book to play with...plus the XP you get for scribing scrolls is a bonus.

In short, you really can't go wrong with any of those classes. Oh and, welcome to the Ironworks Forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Jerhal ]