Thread: new kit contest
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 03:17 AM   #25
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Nocturna:
Cool, so do I win?

Seriously though, my idea for the psi-mage/monk is a pretty rough one and now that I think on it, it reminds me of that game from eons ago called "Moebius". You were a monk basically with some mind powers. I wish i could remember what those powers were. I like the idea of having advanced saves againt mind spells. Also, casting times for the psi-mage/monk should be adressed as they are mind disciplines rather than actual spells. Thoughts on that? Thanks...

Baron Nocturna

if by "winning" you mean you get a prize, a date with a model, or a new car, then no. if you mean i actually make the kit, then yes. but you must remember several things: i am a slacker; 95% of my time with the game is spent playing, only 5% editing; im a slacker. so think of this as a xmas present to the community.

one thing i definitely want to handicap this kit with is the inability to solo with it. it is impossible to complete the game with just one character without using cheese tactics (which includes luring enemies out to fight them one at a time; even pro wrestlers arent that stupid). so it wont be mr badass mindreamer or anything but possibly something that can complement both other spellcasters and fighters. if i get on a roll with it i may even work in an NPC with his own quest and items.

re: casting times, i suppose it would depend entirely on the spell. something like blur would have to be instantaneous, but a high level charm-type spell with a fat save penalty could take up to a round. since these abilities are not magic per se, none would be affected by magic resistance and i think this is where alot of his power will come from considering how useless many spells become later in the game.