View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #50
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
... If you thought the battle or Orangaar was 'Monumental', wait until the battle of Redcliffe as tense a battle as Orangaar was monumental. I will say no more.
Redcliffe was challenging, to say the least.

Quote:
As to spell mixing, I think something else is also being mentioned and the two confused. For example, if in the gameworld something is on fire, your Mage can put it out with a freeze spell. That's not really mixing spells, that's how spells can work with th environment!
No, there are spell combinations that have unexpected, or perhaps you might say expected results. There are two glyphs that produce interesting if painful results if mixed. I will say no more about that, however, but it's not hard to see.

Quote:
Also, for those who cannot afford the Warden's Keep DLC, read the review thread on this site and go and get the free storage chest mod made by one of the Bioware developers instead!
Bioware devs are usually pretty good about coming up with things like this.

Quote:
Oh and top down view is not just so you can play it like NWN, it's also totally needed in indoor battles, where, if your not careful, every combatant is in one big mass and you can barely see what your avatars are doing and who they're attacking!

I am playing normal. But I have temporarily turned it down to easy, just because some battles are unwinnable. Not just because of the enemy strength, but because of the lack of health potions, etc. If you buy up all the health potions from a merchant, don't expect them to be replenished quickly! It borders on unfair, as you can be in a building with monsters in every room and constant battles just wear your team down as they cannot replenish.
The nice thing about this game is that you can craft your own potions, if you have one char with Herbalism. You even start out with basic recipies, and the ingredients early aren't hard to come by either.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote