View Single Post
Old 05-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #106
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Why should I do that?
If I want a new car, I will not buy, it if when I ask about the chances of it breaking down, the sales man says, “You must have faith that it won’t”
If a scientist puts forth a theory, if they said, “you must have faith that it is right” they’d be laughed at. They would have to try a prove it or at least get evidence through experiments.
If I wish to find a politician to vote for, I will not vote for him because he simply says, “you must have faith that my ideology will work” I will examine my books of knowledge and see what economic fact & theory has to say about their polices etc etc
Uhhh, what if the political ideology has never been tried before, then would you not need faith that it would work??
And besides, yes Scientists would get laughed at, but Christians wouldn't, because they believe that's perfectly acceptable, you're using one set of rules for a completely different thing.