View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 10:14 PM   #92
Andromedos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi. I have another Character. This one is about the exact opposite of my other one.

Name: Valkor
Class: Kensai
Level: 19 (or was, he's in Throne of Bhall now)
Str 18/00
dex 18
con 18
Int 7
wis 8
cha 12

My older brother decide to make a character and play BG2. He had played BG1 three times but never got to play Amn. So he fires up the computer and he and his friend argue for a while about what kind of character to play. When they finally decide they start going through the character creation screens. This was the roll that came up before they had even clicked reroll once! Not bad!

This Character does a spectacular amount of damage. I bet a lot of you out there are thinking. Aaaaahhh, he couldn't beat a well armored fighter of the same level. I beg to differ. His thaco is about -15 with both hands. Four and a half attacks per round. About 32-47 damage per hit. Not counting critical strikes which I have seen do 94 points of damage.

Hey! I have a question! In the original rules of DnD, was there a rule that if a character takes more than 50 points of damage in one blow(or spell) they must save vs death or die instantly?

Spoiler
I ask this because in Throne of Bhall I had Sarevok in the group. I saw him go up to an enemy several times and say an empathic "Die!" he would do a critical hit of about 50-75 points of damage and then the enemy would instantly die half the time! I scrolled back up the message box and saw this.

(enemyname) takes 74 damage from Sarevok
(enemyname) takes 200 damage from Sarevok

This happened on several occaisions. He was not using an insta-kill sword or anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any answers.

------------------
----------------------
"Your Majesty I have the honor to introduce the infamous Prince Kheldar. Also known as Radek of Boktor, Ambar of Kotu or more commonly 'Silk'. He is a spy, a theif, he cheats at dice and makes free with other men's wives. Other than that, he's not that bad of a fellow."