View Single Post
Old 02-15-2002, 03:36 PM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I am definately with you on this Regin. Time and time again it has been proven to not be physically addictive, and not be physically harmful. However it can be mentally addictive. This argument loses weight when you think that pretty much anything can be mentally addictive. Even posting on IW could be addicitive to some people (heaven forbid... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

Basically it is a double standard of most countries law to allow alcohol and other drugs not simply legality, but also social necessity, yet to resign hash to the social dustbin. I do not know the reasoning behind it. Often it is argued that hash leads to hard drugs, but surely this is only because they are sold by the same dealer? There is no scientific or medial connection, simply a logistical one. By making grass illegal you force people who want to use it to be subjected to harder drugs pretty much whenever they want to buy some. So yes, this logic follows if hash is illegal. If it is legal and sold through regulated outlets, like alcohol, then the logistic chain is necessarily broken. So I kind of think that that argument against it is unfounded at best.

(BTW Regin, I too have been deliberating whether or not to start this thread for a while. I didn't know if it would be acceptable or not really. But now that you have started it... )
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe