View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Milagro Abejundio Ciro Devante

He bowed his head in respect and fear of the man when it came his turn to talk. Abe tried to cooperate as best he could, and in doing so said more than he should, bringing one of the monks in trouble.

"Don Inquisitor de Labarita," he began, "The bees have been upset all day yesterday, it is as if they felt this devil's presence looming over the holy father's house long before any of His servants could. I do not speak with beasts, as such a gift is no gift of the heavens, but I have committed a sin in not telling you sooner that we might have been prepared for such a horrendous happening.
"And there is another thing I have not yet told you, for in my ignorance I did not think it important. Yesterday, I have seen our abbot, may he rest peacefully, walk the gardens with brother Bernhard. I did not hear their conversation for I was pruning the rose bushes over there, but it seemed grave, don inquisitor. I am guessing that brother will answer your questions about the terrible murder that took place."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote