View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #41
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: WOW (World Of Warcraft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
yeah it can be pretty expensive, but I pay far more for other hobbies so I don't really mind.

Plus everyone get's somewhat bored of WoW eventually (I have been playing for 5 years now) and I needed something to spice it up.

Turns out trying to do the jobs of 5/10 people makes for a suitable challenge

I do cop a fair bit of abuse from the people on my realm, mostly when I pull out all the sparkle ponies or when they attempt to gank me and wonder why they lost when I wtfpwn them. But any smart group of players will have a huge advantage over me playing the same ammount of characters and I welcome the challenge, it just makes it fun!

(I don't PvP by the way, which most people hate multiboxers doing)
Right, I agree, like many people invest large amounts of money into playing their favorite sport or art or w/e. Like I said, it's a bit uncommon but not that different.

I also feel you on spicing things up after five years. I guess for you it's playing this way or not playing at all. I know Blizz are happy you remain.

Yeah, I don't see too many multiboxers in PvP but those that I do see can seem unbeatable. In reality they can have their greatest advantage turned into their greatest disadvantage. For example, most of the time a multiboxer has all chars in the same place at the same time - occupying one spot simotaneously. Aoe's ftw. Once you use that close-quarter handicap against things become easier and I have beaten some in this way. Hardest Mboxer i've fought in PvP was a 4-person lock. I remember that Gnome and his 3 clones would own me relentlessly. You can't dispel the dots fast enough since they're X 4 :-/