View Single Post
Old 11-18-2001, 09:50 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I just got back BG2 from a friend along with TOB, and after months of doing without it, I am playing the heck out of it! I tried 3 characters (not to mention hours of rolling up stats.. grrrr)
Sorceror, Monk and Fighter/Mage (I think thats it)
The Sorc was too boring, Monk was too powerful (if his hands could slay practically everything in the first dungeon unaided, I didnt want to play a game when he REALLY gets up in levels)

And now I'm using a Fighter/Mage with yes, I'm for real, proficiencies in both Quarterstaves and Scimitars and Two-Handed Style. And I can tell you that right now, I'm prizing enchanted staves a heck of a lot more than when I used to chuck them in the back row with my mages. The only reason why he's a mage is so he can use the better staves in the game, and throw some spells on the side (I'm having a field day role-playing him..)

Anyone ever try something as odd as this? Like a Barbarian that uses nothing but daggers and shortswords? I'm suddenly finding an appreciation for the lesser-used items in the game and its a totally different experience!