View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't think it's good, Wyvern. IMO, a good game should not allow you an evil path at all. Note that being good does not mean being angelous. But it should mean that you won't do things, which are in complete contradiction with base morale criteria.
You can play an assassin, who will use his martial skills for killing monsters and not for killing innocent bystanders only because they are here. You can become a lich, who will be a powerful spellcaster but who will not eradicate a town by a disease.

Note all the mentors around. When they lecture us in the aggresivity of the society, they always mention computer games. They are wrong of course because the main source of aggresivity comes from elsewhere but they are right partially because the "evil games" or a possibility to follow an evil path in a game can help lowering self control of children.
As long as evil paths are possible, the mentors cannot be stopped. I don't like the mentors at all because they are lying and they know that. The only way of fighting them is taking off their "argument" and removing evil deeds from games.