View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 05:52 PM   #2
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
ha! I did the same. I tried to go toe-to-toe with S. & Co., but people kept dying. I was frustrated - all of my other battles had consisted of taking the foes on headfirst and overpwering them. I was having problems, here, so, new strategy.

I formed a battle line just inside the temple. My hasted PC with the boots of speed ran up and fired a shot just when the foe cam into view, and then ran back into formation. What happend next? This is where I really mean "ha!". The mage dimension doored to a spot just in front of my party. He was shredded in seconds for acting like a complete and utter fool. This guy had caused so much trouble before, situated behind the fighters, yet here he literally charges my group, alone.

My PC repeated his earlier manuever, and the S. and the ogre decide to move forward. I then cast every summoning spell and used 2 or three summoning wands in front of my party. My party used ranged weapons while more and more lower level monsters surrounded the two. Slowly, quite slowly, they were chipped away until S. finally died.

Not a very heroic method at all, but really effective. I switched to taking NO injuries or death. I just caste all of the party augmentation spells, baited the foes unleashed every summoning spell that I could, helped with missle fire, and enjoyed the glory.

- Twilight