Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Havock:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
We had a couple of similar incidents here, and right now a man is detained for beating up a burglar who was attempting to force his way into the man's house with a crowbar. The man reacted quickly, gave him a few hits with a baseballbat, called the police.....and got arrested because he roughed the burglar up a bit too much according to the police. Apparently we're not allowed to defend ourselves or our property.
Can you rough up a burglar too much?? I would rather deal with the fall out afterwards than allow an criminal into my home. I mean, if he can explain why he was in my house, I can explain why he has broken bones. [/QUOTE]I understand the burglar hadn't yet entered his home, he just caught him redhanded trying to force his way in. The burglar took off, but the guy caught up with him and roughed him up with a baseballbat. According to the police that's where he took a wrong turn, it's illegal to take the law into your own hands, at least that's what they're trying to teach us here. as far as i'm concerned, that man deserves a medal. You know what's really funny? Should the burglar file a complaint, he may actually spent some time in prison too. Same goes for the burglar of course, but jailing a man for roughing up a guy who just tried to break inyo his house is wrong in so many ways, it's almost good enough material for a sitcom.