View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Um, seems quite ingenious to me. Possible hostage release for minimal risk = a clever ploy.

Pity for them their special effects skills were so crap. And the fact that they didn't count on a simple US soldiery roll-call enabling US forces to effectively call their bluff.

So yeah, clever, but simultaneously stupid...
My sentiments exactly. Not to mention that I thought it was so stupid that it made the whole thing kind of funny.
It bothers me to see people getting their undies tangled over the thread's title and content. Our soldier's are over there dying to protect the freedom of speech you know. I have a friend deployed in Baghdad right now and I'd bet anything that seeing the links and stories above would make him chuckle too.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods