View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Playing HoW and TOTL

A couple of links I have used before are dead now. The best place I can see from which to get it is over at Gibberlings III. If that doesn't work, I have redundant backups of the original install file and can send it to you.

Save the file wherever you want to; it will find your IWD/HoW install and configure itself accordingly. To begin playing it, which I do not recommend until you have completed at least some of HoW itself (at least finish Burial Isle), you will want to speak to Hobart the Halfling in the Whistling Gallows Inn in Lonleywood. Once you start TotLM you cannot return to HoW until you finish it.

IWD retains its freshness even after more than a decade. The music (some of the best in any game I have ever played), the feel of the game, the scenery, give it that replayability that many games lack. I have tweaks that I can send you, as well--things like allowing druids to have the cure/harm spells, corected spell tables for paladins/rangers, an xp cap to allow multi-class folks to reach max level in all classes, corrections to a variety of items (IWD is the king of having over-priced items with amazing descriptions that wind up being generic +x weapons with no other benefits, not to mention all the "special" items that are broken or do not do what they say they do), improvements to various cleric and mage spells, etc. There are too many little fixes for me to mention here briefly. I have a Word document that details my changes to date...but some of those changes require overwriting your dialog.tlk file with mine.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.

Last edited by Azred; 06-25-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote