View Single Post
Old 10-05-2000, 05:23 PM   #1
MrCreosote

This really is a pile of doggie pooh. As a loyal Wizardry fan I have long awaited this release and what a dissapointment it is. No wonder it was so tough to get a publisher to take it on board, and it wont sell, and this is the end of Wizardry as a series, sad but you blew it pal.

Do you really think it acceptable to produce a product that has the following OBVIOUS problems:-

Multiple mouse clicks to do the most basic of things like save and load, and you have to save and lkoad often in this game. Why was it so hard to give a standard "Q" Quicksave ? Couldnt be bothered is probably the answer.
Spell casting system that stinks, its just too cumbersome.
No facility to go to phased time for ranged attacks, thus all ranged weapons are useless and so is most offensive spell casting.
Interface that requires too much dexterity i.e. menus on left and right of screen, left mouse look and right mouse move, this isnt RPG its a first person shoot em up.
Basic errors in design such as not being able to see the items in chests so you just mess around grabbing everything, so lacks excitement when you open a chest as you dont see whats in it.
Appalling graphics, trees and bushes floating in mid-air, painted background like someting from the 1970s. Naff butterflies copied from Ultima, come to think of it, it does look like a poor man's version of Ultima Ascension.
Poor Win98 interface i.e. cant alt/Esc back to desktop without losing the game.

I could go on for hours but whats the point. Did ANYONE play test this thing ?? Like others in this forum I have been playing RPGs since they were invented, I ve played great through to dreadful, and Wizardry 7 was always my favorite.

I am gut wrenched with dissapointment. It has some lovely touches but I just cant be bothered trying to use this dreadful interface. Well, thats me out of wizardry and I guess there will be others, maybe many of them. This game is destined to fail.

I'll give you a clue how I feel. I loaded Baldurs Gate 2 this weekend whilst I was awaiting this game and when it arrived I deleted BG2, this evening I am deleting this crap and putting BG2 back. I am no fan of BG but it is oodles better than this pile of shit. I would have been happy with another Wizardry using the same old engine !! but this contrived Ultima copy just isnt Wizardry RPG.

MrC