/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
There are 6 golems in the room I believe. There are 3 treasure nooks, each time you open a nook to get the treasure (some nice weapons) 2 golems are activated and attack you. The middle nook activates the very hard IRON golem.

Yes stone golems are usually easier to kill than clay golems, because any +2 weapon can kill them, you don't need a blunt.
My suggestion. If you have the weapons to kill them, do it this way. Prepare everyone first (spells/summons/potions) then attack the golems where they stand, don't wait for them to activate. That way you get in some free attacks before they turn red.
This way works alot better than waiting for them to attack. Gang up on one golem (with the right weapons) then take out the other. save after each battle and save the Iron golem for last, its the hardest.
If you have the weapons that can damage the iron golem, you can usually defeat it with the right tactics even with a lower level party. The IRON golem can't fit out the doorway, its too big, so you can run up to it, hit it, and retreat when you get injured and heal.
I used a mage to summon monsters behind it, then when it turned to attack, I sent in a powered up fighter to attack it. If it turned to attack me, I ran back, let it turn back around to attack the summoned monsters, and attacked it again. These hit and run tactics I killed it only needing to be healed up 2 times. Stay far enough away from the doorway so that its cloud attack doesn't touch you. That is irritating.
A few tries you should have no problem with the golems, just make sure you save after a sucessful battle. If you don't have the weapons yet, just come back later when you do and take them out for some extra experience. You can steal the treasure with a hasted character so you don't really need to fight them, but heck, experience is experience.
Once you take out the golems, then you can waltz in and take the treasure if you want to fight them first.