View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Not with NWN. The GF3 is a Direct X 8 card, and supports all features of Direct X 8.0, which is all NWN is.

If you were playing a DX9 game, then you'd want a DX9 card. Of course having said that, you'll find that with a newer card you can run NWN at high resolutions.

One word of caution for NWN players from experience. NWN doesn't like ATI cards very much. That's not to say that everyone will experience problems, but my 9800XT should be a heckuva lot faster in NWN than what it is. Seems to be a wide spread problem with the Open GL drivers for ATI.

Larry, I'd hold off on the new card for a bit. Your GF3 is still a very good card, and rumour has it that DirectX 10 may be making an appearance soon which will of course bring on yet another swarm of new cards, driving the price of existing ones down.

Like I said in the Intel Thread, wait until there's software to take advantage of the hardware.