View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #167
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Secrets that aren't so secret.

Asokil was too busy laughing to really pay attention to Telryn's words. The man's sides were in absolute stitches as Jason spouted his spiel. “I see now that you are either a jester, deluded, or a pathological liar.” Gee, who else had used such a phrase? His eyes hardened, “You're a waste of my time.”

Sniffing at the smoke, and seeing the column of it - it appeared that the local establishment had caught, having been situated besides the stables. 'Whoops'. That, and Asokil caught the last of Telryn's words... “Sorry, chum,” Asokil smiled sweetly, “don't want to dirty my hands with the 'little people'.” Sarcasm was rife in his tone, but absently, he handed a bottle to Nivram, pulling it out of nowhere. It seemed he, just like the rest of the party, did not seem to really give a damn about fire. “For that, my friend, I may even forgive you for my horse,” he muttered.

Meanwhile, Tod witnessed the exchange, and his eyes went wide. A man handing out bottles of drink? What had happened to the world! Shoving past Jason, whose shoulder he gave an almighty push to - anyone, even Jason would stagger from it at the very least slightly, unless they were built like a mountain, with legs like a dwarf and a barrelled chest of cut stone, happened to be a circus strongman and could bend steel poles in their hands, which Jason wasn't - “Sir!” Tod called up to Asokil, bowing slightly, his eyes hungry, “m'lord, I might be of some assistance. The Lady you seek - there was one travelling with this group; kin you say? Were her features as yours? If so, I may be of service, all I ask is to beg m'lord's indulgence...” He looked at the initially full bottle Nivram was no doubt finishing off.

“Isokla, the Blue Lotus. A maiden as fair as any - with hair as silver as the stars themselves, and eyes as blue as the pale skies of mountain peaks...”

“Oh, yes, that was her. But erm, you have black hair, m'lord.”

“Silver is a mark possessed by few in my land. Those descendant of the Dragon hold it.”

“Dragons don't exist...”

“I name the Lady 'The Blue Lotus' and you do not bat an eyelid, but when I make reference to a 'Dragon', you stare? Come now, it is a title, a name. 'Drakenclaw' is another, but 'Dragon' was the petname by which she was known.” Muttering under his breath, he added, “You'll have to do better than that.” Even softer, he grumbled, “No one here has hair dye, I take it.”

Tod grinned, “Your Lady is being held by bandits; I am the hostage exchange, m'lord. In return for my safety, she will be well treated. Er, ...she er, is a Priestess, m'lord.”

“A what?!”

The tavern continued to burn.

“Aye, sir.”

“Great. Bloody prophecies. Here, catch.” He tossed Tod another bottle he had withdrawn out of nowhere.

“Thankee, m'lord.” Tod eyed him, “Might I be of service? Let me ride beside you and I'll tell you all I know... and more, if you wish.” Sidling up to him, Tod offered out his arms, and Asokil pulled the bandit up onto his horse. Tod's arms snaked around the warrior's, and the bandit's cheek pressed against Asokil's. “I take it you do wish it, I am all yours, m'lord.”

Asokil said nothing, but smirked. What was going on here?

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 04-23-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Sigs, bane of my RPing life
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote