View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #160
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

“Insolent wretch; I should kill you where you stand.” Arrogant disdain oozed off the man, “You should be begging my forgiveness.”

It was as if the Asokil Nivram had travelled with had been replaced by another persona.

Unfortunately for Jason, the warrior already held his spear and was in a far better position to strike first. Goading him further did not seem like a good idea; from the way he moved, and from the way he held his weapon, and handled his horse, despite his ageless youthful face, he was no novice. If Jason knew the first thing about weaponry, the man he was facing handled his with the casual ease of a highly trained veteran, perhaps even a master. Everything about his body seemed loose, relaxed, cool, prepared to tense and strike out, as taunt as a bowstring.

Of course, unless one was especially drunk, or skilled, or a fool, or perhaps all three, one did not usually pick fights with a man who had just batted away a bottle aimed for his head. In fact, the warrior seemed utterly unfazed by Jason's skills. Then again, who knew what he was capable of? The weapon could just be for show and he might be a powerful archmage; who knew? Either way, the fact Jason was 'backed up' by at least two others didn't bother the man either. How reliable Nivram was was another question entirely.

“What's it to be, boy?” The mounted spearman taunted, “Going to apologise or pit your skills against mine? You want civil - we can make this formal, if you so desire. A duel is not beyond my lenience.”
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote