View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #177
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Antagonist's Anarchy: Magically-Deviant Mental Asylum (or OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelliis View Post
(and don't quote me on this, he's been known to have a nasty side!! )
Aww shucks. You're making me feel fuzzy and warm; you're too kind. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
I'm either dumb, or blind, or both. I do not see a sheet to fill in.

..and why is there all that spoiler stuff?

do I need to read through this entire thread to know what's going on? What level do I start at? ..can I die?
Both Leggy and Ive have the right of it. Actually, they put it better than I could. It's nice that people are actually paying attention .

I guess I ought to give a once-over of the rules. If you've any questions, please feel free to ask them here or PM me.

First of all, the 'rules' are hidden under the spoiler tags. They are actually simpler than they look. Honest.
The long and short of it is it is a points based system; you gain "XP" or "character points" rather than levels. You have an initial "pool" of points to which you can assign to any category on the sheet. Currently, as the system stands these different categories do not offer synergy bonuses (like 3ed DnD does with attributes to skills). The idea is conflicts are resolved by comparisons - whoever has the highest score wins. Of course, the actual numbers on the sheets are only a guideline and other circumstances are taken into account; such as surprise, perhaps the weather, the terrain - whatever is appropriate. Of course, a character/player can willing cede and let the other 'win'. Again, it is really just a rough guideline. To sum up the 'rules', the character sheet is 'innate' circumstances (what the character possesses), and the rest 'world', or the circumstances outside the character. Eh, that makes it sound more long winded than it is.
An example would be: (oh, let's say), Nivram has a '4' in agility, a '4' in 'drinking' and is partially drunk. He's deeply in his cups and Asokil is blathering on distracting him about getting more ale. A townsman bumps into Nivram; a check is made to see if Nivram spills his drink.

Okay, maybe that's a bad example because Nivram's player would decide what happens. But combat works more or less the same way; sometimes the DM (yours truly) will decide the results of an action, but mostly, it's freeform. That said, certain Named NPCs are under the control of the DM and you lot can't have them . 'Force moving' of other PCs isn't permitted unless the player is okay with it. The most important rule is this: "do unto others..." and "have fun" - just respect the other players and they'll respect you. You'll pick it up soon enough. I don't mean to sound condescending btw; most of this is all common sense .

And yes, you can die. *smiles sweetly*. But it doesn't happen often. Much. (I don't kill characters out of hand).

Oh - and - no signatures IC. *coughs* Sometime I tend to forget myself. Why? Signatures tend to break up the flow of the walls of text. Yeah, I'm picky that way.

Prior knowledge of the threads so far is not necessary, but I highly recommend you look at a few posts just to get a general 'feel' of the game. If you require further setting info, just drop me a line and I'll post some more here. Leggy pretty much summed it up though.

I think that's everything... did I miss anything guys?

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 02-20-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote