View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #122
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

The hammer swung and steel was forged, for Jason, focused on the task at hand, nothing was more important. He had worked almost tirelessly from the time he got to the forge, only stopping to take a drinks of water or ale and to rest once for ten minutes every hour and a half. Drinking seemed to help keep down the shakes. He thought he was over his withdrawls, apparently not.

The good Master Blacksmith had returned over an hour ago and had started working on Jason's equipment. The sooner the better, but he had to keep his mind focused on the work, on the steel, or else loose his concentration and fall into exhaustion.

Jason stopped for his break and the Blacksmith approached, sword and dagger both with him.

You work well young master. My wife extends her gratitude for your help, and i extend mine. You may have these back now, i've finished with them.

Jason took the dagger first, unsheathed it, and flipped it around a few times with his fingers, it was exquisite. He resheathed it and set it down on the bench where he had set his shirt. He brushed off his hands on the thick leather apron he wore before he touched the sword. He drew it quickly and held it in the light. Writing on the blade? A slight curve? Nothing he had ever seen before could even compare. The writing looked to be old, perhaps as old as his House. The hilt was exactly the way he wanted it, and he smiled. He returned the sword to its scabbard and hugged the big blacksmith, he smelled of the forge, it was almost like he never left the place. It reminded him of his father, and he stepped back quickly.

Thank you, you truly are a great man. I will never forget you, and my children will hear stories of your kindness. He reached into a small pouch tied onto his belt and retreived enough to pay for the sword. I must really be on my way now, i have companions to meet.

The blacksmith didn't protest, and in fact, didnt say anything. Jason returned the apron, and donned his shirt. He buckled on his sword and put the dagger in his boot. Then he left the forge and sought out the tavern where he suspected he could find something to eat,drink and maybe a bed to sleep in if not someone to sleep in it with him. He had been on the road for a long time after all.

Last edited by DrowArchmage; 11-08-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: made it longer and better.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote