Thread: Eve or Anarchy?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #7
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everquest 2 hands down will probably provide for greater entertainment and replay value then WoW. Why?

1) WoW is a Blizzard game, and thus is built on many fundamental systems they've seem to have gotten down quite well due to previous release testing (Diablo 2) So thus, it will always feature Phat Lewt, and people will most likely searching for the best gear (which is usually unique) so everyone in the end has the same thing.

2) WoW is going to attract a lot of D2 players, and if you are or have been an avid D2 player, we all know what the people are like on B.Net. Expect little to no RPing unless they provide a designated server for it like Everquest at the moment does.

3) I hate Blizzard's cliche view of warriors and magicians, even though each class will have more skills then what is found in D2, they are like that of D2, and soon there will be one and only one viable build.

I think you can expect a lot from Everquest 2 however since in truth, they have more experience in the MMORPG world, Blizzard doesn't. The content of Everquest 1 is really actually quite amazing, so they have something to work with to expand on and mold it to ideally what they wanted.

**EDIT** wow I just realized hes asking about EVE and Anarchy Online, my bad =) - well then i'm replying to the post above ^_^

[ 11-02-2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Nightcloak ]