Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 03:59 AM   #156
esquire
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
I dont think you are looking at the picture big enough. We most certainly have become to smart. Cars take up room yes, but why did we make cars in the first place?
Yes it is about resource management, but if we continue on the road we are on, all the resources we could manage would eventually run out also.
Our intelagence has created a world where we use many times the amount of resources we can handle at the rate we are populating.
We will wipe our selfs out. There is no way around it.

Lets take a look at the picture really tiny. Viruses are out evolving our science and vaccines. They addapt to our envirement quicker than we can find a new weapon. Our immune systems are becoming weaker against sickness, becouse we are becoming to reliant on antibacterial products and such.

That is only one problem of many we will face.

Hey man! don't be such a pessimist!

- We have mapped the human genome. - countless new drugs/treatments/vaccines are being researched/created.

-as much as I detest genetically altered food, it is probably the only thing that will maintain the food levels we need to survive.

- then there is space, the final frontier limitless planets and resources there for the taking, all we have to do is start building more spaceships.

I think our mutual survival hinges on a race against the odds. If we can create new antibiotics to combat new infections, we can survive. If we can genetically alter ourselves to combat cancer, we can survive. If we can invent new technologies to be more efficient and environmentally friendly, then we will reduce the damage to the earth. ect...