Thread: Newbie help
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2001, 11:35 AM   #6
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Read through the site, there's lots of helpful tips. Also, If you just arrived in the town, don't cast magic as the wizards will thump you at early levels.

BTW, If you started with a bad roll or a difficult Kit, I would advise you to go and restart. there is nothing more frustrating than playing the entire game with poor stats. Initially, I would focus on the basics, if your a beginner. Get a good spread of armour and weaponry (+2 swords and slings are great, every one can pretty much use 'em and they do good damage.) This way you won't get overwhelmed. Focus your spells on damage dealing or warrior enhancement.

Try to get some early easy adventures that give good experience for little effort...
(SPOILER)

One particularly fine mission is in the temple district. Go there and enter the temple of (can't remember offhand, think it's helm) and get the quest to commission a piece of art for the temple. There are two routes, one allows you to get a special metal for a statue. This involves a nasty fight (just one) that could prove tough. The second involves getting an alloy, a substantially easier mission with just as good a reward. Getting the real deal and holding onto it can also prove useful as the metal is used by the Dwarf cromwell later on to upgrade a weapon.....

BG2 is lots of fun, I cut my teeth on BG1 and loved it, so welcome to the wonderful world of Baldurs Gate....!!