View Single Post
Old 10-30-2001, 08:51 PM   #5
Synthos
Manshoon

Just pick what you think you'd like to play and that would fit into your party, I played through all of BG 1 and most of TotSC with a Paladin, now I'm in the middle of SoA with him again.. I usually go with a party like this:
Fighter (tank)
Paladin (tank)
Cleric (back up tank and magic) For you, Viconia
Mage (Sling + Magic)
Theif (Short bow) Or in your case of Jan, crossbow)
Ranger (Long bow/Comp long bow) in your case Minsc

I like this party set-up, you might not.. Minsc could also move up and tank, which is what I did. I really do recommend you get a paladin, they're awesome with the holy avenger... Fighter is general, you could put another ranger in there or a monk, your choice.. The only straight NPC mage is Edwin, he's definetly the best choice for pure magic power, otherwise I would go with Nalia.. Aerie in NOT a good choice for a mage OR a cleric, she gains levels real slow and doesn't get lvl 9 mage spells... Keldorn and Viconia may have... differences.. you could try them together or you could be a paladin yourself..
Dispite what Jabidas said Paladins are not boring, else why would I play one through the first and soon the second game? Paladins are a nice starting character, after the first game you can experiment, which is what I'm doing..

Have fun!

------------------

Quote:
"Est Sularis Oth Mithas"-->Honour Is My Life