View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002, 05:51 AM   #15
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
My oh my, you're the FIRST person the understand my name, bravo [img]smile.gif[/img]
[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Now hold on a minute! I know who Regin is! He is Count von Uberwald's Manservant in Discworld Noir right? It bugged me for a while but I got there... An amazing game I have to say. If there are people on here who haven't played then I strongly recommend that they do. Think of the earlier Discworld games but then think much much better and less cartoony. And it is also hilariously funny:

"Mother told me I should have been a tax collector! "It's good money Mooncalf." she said!".

And to the various people who mentioned the royal family did you know that they cost each tax payer £1 a year? That may not sound much but then consider that there are only 13 of them...

Tarox - as to what you were saying about the royal family. The money they bring in through tourism cannot be quantified. There is no way of knowing that they specifically account for any amount of it. The kind of money they bring in is stuff like sales from of hotdogs outside Buckingham palace, or sales of mugs with the Queen on them. That money is not usually seen by the economy anyway, it is all done on the never-never in the first place. Just a quick question to the foreigners out there (i.e. the majority of people on this board) would you be swayed in your decision to visit a country by whether or not they retain the monarchy? Just a quick question.

Gabriel, I agree with all of yours except for the too hot one. Where do you live....
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe