View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 03:52 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

I dont want to be a Job's messenger but I am afraid that you have only one possibility: reload a saved game from times when return to Brimloch Roon worked. If you do not have such game then, well, you are lost.
W&W suffers from some strange kind of gremlins. Sometimes, you meet a disaster and you have no idea what has happened and why. Something stops working even if it has worked all the time and during all preceding game runs. Examples:
- Certain elevator in the Snake Temple refuses to work. You cannot get out unless you have set a portal somewhere outside. The end (my own experience, also reported by another player).
- Slots for evil elements in the Shurugeon Castle are missing. They are only three instead of five. You cannot perform the "unholy ritual". The end (reported on this forum).
- When you leave Ishad N'Ha the game waits a moment and then hangs your computer. Nothing helps: running away, trying to Teleport or Vanish away and so on. The end (my own experience).
I suppose you have had no problems until now. You has been able to Call of Home to Brimloch Roon or to enter the town. For some unknown reason, you cannot enter the town any more. Gremlins. Try the old save. If it doesn't work, reinstall the game. The gremlins in W&W are mostly sleeping so that you need not encounter the problem again in the future.