View Single Post
Old 03-11-2001, 05:18 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maestro_v69:
One thing I am not quite clear on is the "summoning" of NPCs that was mentioned. Summoning? what does this mean? I would appreciate anyone clarifying this. One final thought. If you are level 40, who says you will want or need a party? In BG1, you were very weak, and a party was essential to your survival. In BG2, my character was much more powerful, and could handle many encounters by himself. In TOB, who knows if a party may be necessary, except possibly for very difficult encounters? Something to ponder.

Thanks, and here's hoping it will not be too long of a wait!
Summoning NPCs is an ability that you get after defeating Irenicus. It allows you to get any NPC from BG2 to join your party (unsure if this includes NPCs who have died).

Sure, at level 40 you'll be very powerful. But think back to the toughest encounters you had in BG2 - most of them would be against groups of high-level adventurers or beings with disparate skills, such as the Twisted Rune, the guys in the Den of the Seven Vales, the adventurers in the sewer, the guys in the Slave Lord compound, and so on. You may think you're godlike at level 40. But how well will you do against a group of six Bhaalspawns, a mix of fighters, mages and clerics, who are also all at level 40? Think about it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame