Thread: Charisma
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2001, 04:28 AM   #8
Skunk
Banned User

1. Well lets face it - From the role playing point of view...
Just how much positive Charisma do you think that the son of the God of Murder is going to naturally cut with most folks? If you told me that your father had the surname Bhaal (which is about the Baldurs Gate equivilent of "Bin Laden") do you really think that my impression of you is going to be positive? So yeah, if your going to play the part - you WILL have low charisma.

2. High charisma does change charactor interaction - so either using ring of human influence or getting Keldorn or another charactor with high charisma to do the talking helps. Sometimes having a low charisma also helps - that's where my charactor steps in... And of course, if you really want high Charisma (lvl 25), then you use a spell of Friendship.

3. No significant discounts for charisma in the shops. You're confusing it with reputation (at rep=20 you get 50% discount). I bought the Robe of Vecna at an even bigger discount...

4. Charactors colour turning yellow. This is loss of morale - usually occurs when other members of his party are killed or he is seriously injured - Charisma has no effect on this...That was my point - wouldn't it be nice if it did...