View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #126
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
The first 6 parter, written by Chris Sarracini was toilet paper material, the characters-wafer thin and just a tour-de-force for Pat Lee and his art work. It's like Dreamwave drew the comic first, and decided to put in a story to the drawings as an afterthought.

Brad Mick actually wrote the second 6 parter (and the ongoing series), Furman's in charge of War Within and Armada/Energon. Personally I enjoyed the second 6 parter, even more so than a few of Furman's G1 stories! I've yet to read any of the ongoing series though, as I'm reading them in Trade paperbacks and not individual comics.

I really recommend War Within btw as it's the best Dreamwave stuff to date, and really Furman on form, in conjunction with the incredible pencilling of Don Figoroua and (Unicron end US comic) Andy Wildman, it's definately essential stuff. The G.I joe stuff on the other hand was the biggest let downI've ever had in terms of comics, the artwork was horrible and storyline even worse. Give Dreamwave's GI Joe crossover a definate miss.
One of the most annoying things is continuity - you really want continuity issues to work out between the current Dreamwave comics and the original Marvel run, but it really is an entirely different universe in itself. I consider it to be somewhat of a pity, but then again, if these new DW comics all reflected back on the original TF comics, it would hardly attract any new fans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Nice talking to someone outside TF boards about this stuff!
Gave up on those ages ago... Don't care much for the cartoons, and even less about toy collecting (like, zilch - I'm never going to get rid of my old TF toys though, even if they're currently gathering dust in a cold box under my bed ) - discussing continuity errors in the cartoon or the latest character molds really isn't my thing. I simply stick to the comics, and that's it - none of that creepy fan boy obsessing for me.

[ 11-01-2004, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote