View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 09:15 PM   #35
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Loved your post Mr. Mopery!

Offended....?
Nooooo
Never.

A Bouncing Rodent huh? Thats a classic, I've honestly never heard it before. Those are some pretty classic tales you have to tell of your time in Aus. They certainly sum things up, for better or for worse - I'm not really sure at the moment.

I think you're right about the identity issue though, there's definately a lot of haze around that. Some people are proud to be linked to the UK, others not so but the recent referendum shows we're still clinging to the Monarchy. Its pretty inconsequential now though, I mean England hardly plays a card in Australia's actions, if what the media says is anything to go on.

Great Post there though, you had me in fits of mirth on numerous occasions.

Oh, btw I've had a few encounters with Wombats, and they are definately a deceptively savage little beast... Don't be fooled by their debatably soft, cuddly appearance. The Wombat is possibly best known for its ability to enforce brutal damage upon the wheels of an unsuspecting highway commuter. Imagine the damage if you had run over a bowling ball... its the same!