View Single Post
Old 07-08-2001, 09:30 AM   #5
TheDutkanator

The tip says that drow equipment disintigrates when it hits sunlight right? They should've made the equip the same way they did vampires. You should be able to take the equip out of the underdark during nighttime and use it, but lose it at daytime unless you put it in your backpack or a bag of holding. That SUX! I tried putting it in my bag of holding and then coming up to the surface at night, but it didn't work. WHY!!!??!! It WAS protected from daylight right?

As far as real AD&D, drow equipment doesn't disintigrate on contact with daylight. It DOES lose its potency over time the longer it's kept from its origin (underdark) because it feeds off the magical energies exclusive to that area. It will eventually break if left on the surface too long no matter how well protected from sunlight. A bag of holding however.....
A bag of holding is actually like a trans-dimensional portal. It opens up a "pocket" in another dimension where you can store things. All magic should be preserved here and therefore, the drow equipment SHOULD be safe forever.

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator