Thread: An Observation
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #21
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Hey, Onthepequod!!!!

First, you forgot one critical sin that you can do with taking care of your lawn. Mowing it the same direction every time can make you the neighborhood outcast faster than leaving that rusted out Camaro up on blocks in your yard!!!

No worries! Being a fellow Minnesotan, I am sad to admit that I am just as guilty with you at the meticulous (and might I add ridiculous) caring of my yard. I use the excuse that I have two dogs, and trying to make my lawn look any better than it does would just be a waste of time.

I have never understood why people around here get so obsessed with taking care of their lawns. Maybe it's 'cause we only get to see it about 4 months out of the year!!!! But, I, like you, don't really see the point of mowing twice a week. I'm lucky if I get to it every week, and then it's even more hit or miss as to if I trim, clean up the grass, etc.

Actually, I do mow in different directions and diagonally as well. But I’m sure my technique is all wrong. I doubt I turn my mower at the end of each row with all the grace and poise a true Minnesotan would expect.

I’m with you, my friend. It would seem that there are better things to do with one time that to obsess over lawn (at least to this extent).