View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 05:59 AM   #130
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
what's wrong with all those japanese and korean spectators ? I was watching spain-slovenia and at first i thougt: wow, what a lot of fans did spain bring along, but after taking a closer look i noticed they were locals. Same thing with the england and argentina games. Why are they cheering for the other teams while their own teams are competing too ? That makes no sense to me, if dutch fans would be cheering for opposing teams in a dutch stadium, i don't think they make it out of there in one piece.
Johnny, more than likely they couldn't get tickets to the South Korea & Japan games. Rather than miss out completely, perhaps they wanted to be a part of the World Cup in some way and watch some quality teams play.

How dull the atmosphere would be if the locals just sat there and did nothing while a good game went on.

It's like the Olympics - you try and get the tickets you want, but you take what you can get, just so you can say you were a PART of the World Cup experience. [img]smile.gif[/img]