View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Default Re: Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

So I've been playing for a couple of days now, I have done quite a few quests and stuff. I'm enjoying many things about it, although I dislike the fact that you have to wait until your companions feel like it to talk to them about themselves and such, I preferred origins when you could talk to them whenever. And having to go back to their home base is really irritating too. I like the new system for abilities, but don't like the fact that there isn't an overhead viewpoint for combat - I find it difficult to control everyone when you have to zoom back to where the character is to select their actions.

However, I think the thing I am finding most dissatisfying is the plot, or lack of at this stage. There are quests listed as "main plot" but I don't know why they are main plot as opposed to other subquests. With Origins the main point of the game was always clear and you could do side quests but there was an overarching objective. I have no idea what is going on and what the point of the game is. I have hopes that it will be interesting and enjoyable, but it is frustrating to have no idea after hours of playing.