View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 06:12 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Kaltia, I think there will be a lot of people sad to see you leave. And I don't think it's necessary!

The internet is not a nasty place - there are some nasty people (like in life) and some nasty areas. The trick is to visit those places you know are nice, and don't visit those that are not. I didn't read much on the link you posted though I glanced at it - was disgusting and you don't deserve or need to put up with crap like that. And you don't have to! As you've said, IW, and many other places are not like that.

I absolutely understand that you're feeling upset and disrespected. I've been there. I used to play an online game and there were some people there who were really rude and disrepectful towards me, being one of the few females. Fortunately I had friends there who stood up for me, and the wankers were made to look like the wankers they were. So do you have friends here.

Take a break. Change your email and msn etc if you need to. But don't write the whole internet off as a horrible place because that's just not true *hugs*