View Single Post
Old 03-09-2001, 07:18 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's today's news on Throne of Bhaal. Plus some GOOD news for a change!!!!!

Dave Gaider (Senior Designer)
Ending the saga: We're not necessarily not doing any more BG games, we've said no such thing. The Bhaalspawn story is just coming to an end, is all. If we did more BG- or Forgotten Realms-related games, though, it's hard to say where we'd put it. The Dales area, though, is not one of my favorites. Nor are other places that have been detailed heavily in other sources...there wouldn't be much wiggle-room for us in such an area and so many players would have pre-conceived notions of what the area's about.

Me, personally, I love 3rd edition and I'm looking forward to NWN and the like. As for another fantasy game, I dunno...if I had my way, we'd do a really big, detailed city. I'd say Waterdeep, but it's so done. Maybe a revisit to Baldur's Gate? This is all conjecture, but I guess it's nice to think about.

A Mazzy romance: Now I'm not going to comment on the possibilities of new romances or expanded romances in ToB, but a more appropriate question might be: "If the decision had to be made between game length and a romance plot with Mazzy, how many game-hours would you be willing to give up to ensure its inclusion?" (not that it would equal thus, it's just an example)

It's just a thought. Personally, I rather relish pointing out these Mazzy posts to James and Kevin anyways.

If we decide to include a Mazzy romance, anyway, then there's nothing lost...it's included in our time schedule. If we don't, then we would have to sacrifice time from writing and scripting...which means less areas can be included. The really big grey area, though, relies on how complicated the romance is and how many bugs we get from it...bug-fixing time is probably the most aggravating thing you have to account for when making a schedule, but you have to include it or it isn't realistic.

It might not be much, it could be lots.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame