View Single Post
Old 06-08-2001, 04:42 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Koz-ivan.

What actually happened was that I "flicked" CD2 out of the drive when changing it. My dog caught the disc before it hit the floor and put a tiny crack in it near the centre hole. The disc still worked ok with no problems. Anyway, my mate (the mystery Sniffer) and myself have been at this address (visiting) for the last week and between us (through drunken antics) have managed to break the CD reading drive thingy from "my" PC. This is my fault entirely and I accept that, my bro' has copied the stuff over to his PC to allow me to play BG2 while I look after the house for the weekend but now I've bust the disc completely just to pour salt on the wound. I'm not looking for a warranty claim up or anything of that ilk, but I heard that http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ gives instruction or assistance to blokes like me who have lost/broken discs. I'm just trying to get the game running for the weekend but I can't make head nor tail of what I'm supposed to do if that is the case.

The other thing I wouldn't mind doing but again I can't figure out is this. My PC is not 20 feet away from the one I'm using now. How on Earth can I send my complete Icewind Dale "saves" folder over to THIS PC from the other one so that I can put my original saves into this freshly installed game?

Many thanks. Gettindrunkerbytheminute.

------------------
One love, peace.