View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 08:32 PM   #51
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred; one of the greatest heroes of the First Crusade, leader of a retinue of Norman knights from Italy under the command of his elderly uncle, Bohemond. Despite being out-thought, out-fought and met with bitter resistance wherever they went, this young lad saw the knights through. He survived, and became the regent of Antioch in his uncle's name. One of the original Knights Templar. If there was ever a more fitting name for a Paladin - even more so a Paladin that was the only one of my Baldur's Gate characters to fight his way through the series - then I have yet to hear it.

Tancred Foesmyte became, thanks to Lord Shield's Bar, a comic relief. He was paired with a magical sword - the irrepressably witty Karnas. Though asleep for a hundred years in a magical cave, Tancred and Karnas have been woken by an unknown force, and destiny has carried them to Neverwinter. Only time will tell if the powerful destiny Tancred has sought to avoid is powerful enough to defeat the many evils there...