View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Preview of NEW 'Durty' Bug Comic I've been making!! (Back to the Future episode)

In the late 80's and early 90's, I made around 60 Comics.. my own Comic Character, Durty (yes, with a U) Bug, and over 20 extras Characters in it.. Also did 'Intruders on Earth' and lol, transformers..

But, I am going through, and scanned in some of my latest comics, and basically redrew them in Photoshop..

Now, a while back, I simply scanned 1 Comic in, and traced over it exactly.. old look and all, I wanted to keep the 'age' of the comic legit.. But with a clean look with clean colors and no marker lines... but looking at it (I posted the entire comic at the URL below a long time ago)

http://www.tgeweb.com/db/durtybugcom...index_01.shtml

But last year, I looked at the work, and was like.. yuck. (I know, I was like a young teen then) BUT, I decided to remake a few of the later issues in my CURRENT skills..
Just to see how I can do it... I even changed 'angles and shots' and even added pages to the story arc. loads of NEW stuff.. This Shot (click on the thumb nail to check it out) is from a 'Bug to the Future' Story arc...

94% of the entire Comic is done, and half of another, and I'll be posting the URL here as soon as its done. Just got some shading to do, and some clean up etc..
First drew Durty Bug in 1980-82.... and the comic was before its time in a way.. it's for adults for sure.. came before the Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy...
Anyway, check it out, friends are freaking out I'm doing this.. they always read them when I'd make one. I used a Le Pen for inking and Tombow markers and Marvy Markers.

Let me know what you think!! !!! --- to see full size version click again on the pop up version in the box!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg db36page_003a.jpg (1.75 MB, 15 views)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote